Recipe by Timothy H.
This is a different twist from the every day traditional salads. Give this a try, you will want to make it again and again. It will go with just about any meal! This recipe came from a friend in Monclova, Ohio. She made it for her kids and they asked for it all the time.
Top Review by sarahubasics
Excellent. My husband raved over this. We will have it again. We had it with Recipe #397733. I don't use butter, so I cooked the noodles in a few tablespoons of olive oil with 1/2 cup water. They did not brown much before sticking to the pan (because of the water) and annoying me. I will decrease the amount of dressing next time, too. I think it did not need so much oil in particular. Thanks!
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesof any ramen noodles (do not use the flavor packets)
- 4 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: combine ingredients and shake well.
- Shred 1 head of Napa cabbage and add 4 green onions, sliced thin. Set aside.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a frying pan on medium heat and break up the 2 packages of ramen noodles, (DO NOT USE THE FLAVOR PACKETS!) add to butter and cook until golden brown.
- Add 1/2 cup slivered almonds and 1/2 cup sesame seeds.
- Drain on paper towels. (This can be done ahead and placed in a plastic bag or container,when cooled, until ready for use).
- Just before serving, add noodle mixture and dressing to cabbage and toss together.