Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is quite striking with yellow and orange peppers.
Make and share this Salad Andalusia recipe from Food.com.
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 2 bell peppers, julienne
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced in rings
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- salt and pepper
- Mix shallots, parsley, mustard, garlic and vinegar together, mixing well.
- Add oil in a thin stream, mixing constantly with whisk then incorporate whipped cream.
- Mix egg, vegetables and rice in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Add vinegrette, mixing well.
Nice recipe on a hot summer day. I decreased the amount of onion/shallot (my husband isn't a huge fan), used a rather large orange pepper, and added an extra 2 eggs. We like eggs. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)
Lovely salad ! I did make one bigger change... I was hosting a meeting later in the day so thought it prudent to omit the garlic (that pained this garlic lover, believe me) and while I added shallots to the vinegrette, I did leave out the red onion in the salad itself. The result was still a wonderful healthy salad, full of flavours and visually dramatic. Please see my rating system: 4 lovely stars for a recipe that was a very nice change from cucumber, lettuce etc. Thanks!