Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe (yeah from an old mag :P) is truly popular in Andalucia and also in Latin America. My mom makes one very similar to this one. It's really good and easy too! Prep. and Cooking times are approximate!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, seedless (you may use green olives as well)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely cut
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing or 1⁄2 cup olive oil, and vinegar to taste
- salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in slices and cook until done.
- To plate the salad: place the potato slices and the hard-boiled eggs (sliced) on a plate, add the olives, the cheese and the parsley.
- Pour over it the dressing.
- Season to taste --
- Note: you can add in whatever else you want!
A very simple salad indeed! I added a few cherry tomatoes and used a mild Gouda cheese, topped with a flavourful Balsamic Vinaigrette it was a tasty dinner! I will be making this type of salad many times in the summer, a nice meal for a hot day.