Recipe by Vanessa
This recipe (yeah from an old mag :P) is truly popular in Andalucia and also in Latin America. My mom makes one very similar to this one. It's really good and easy too! Prep. and Cooking times are approximate!
Top Review by Elly in Canada
A very simple salad indeed! I added a few cherry tomatoes and used a mild Gouda cheese, topped with a flavourful Balsamic Vinaigrette it was a tasty dinner! I will be making this type of salad many times in the summer, a nice meal for a hot day.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, seedless (you may use green olives as well)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely cut
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing or 1⁄2 cup olive oil, and vinegar to taste
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in slices and cook until done.
- To plate the salad: place the potato slices and the hard-boiled eggs (sliced) on a plate, add the olives, the cheese and the parsley.
- Pour over it the dressing.
- Season to taste --
- Note: you can add in whatever else you want!