Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great salad mix!
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas (not cooked)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 jar bacon bits
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Tear lettuce in small pieces and place in 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Layer ingredients in pan, as listed above.
- Add sugar to mayonnaise and spread on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover.
- Refrigerate a few hours before serving.
I love this dish, this recipe is 95% of how I make my 7 layer- everyone should have a recipe like this, I do not use celery or carrot, and I spread on the mayo and sprinkle the sugar on top of it then add the cheese. This is a great "take it with you" recipe- I often buy a disposable aluminum pan, take the ingredients and assemble where I am. Its a hit at funerals, family get togethers and picnics. A plus is my picky DD will eat it and I know shw is eating healthy at many gatherins we attend.