Recipe by Sharon123
A popular salad in Afghanistan, it's made up of tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, radishes, lemon, cilantro and salt. I like to add just a little drizzle of honey in the dressing.From Afghan cooking.
- 2 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed, chopped (1/2-3/4 cup)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- drizzle honey (optional)
- 1 -2 medium cucumber
- 2 -3 radishes
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Mix these together in a bowl.
- Juice one lemon and pour the juice over the top of the tomato, onion, and cilantro. Add honey now if using.
- You can also add chopped cucumbers, as well as radishes.
- Sprinkle with salt (to taste) a good pinch and toss the salad.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow all the juices to mix together.