Recipe by COOKGIRl
Radish and Orange Salad from Morocco. Printed in the cookbook 'From the Lands of Figs and Olives.' Try a variety of heirloom radishes of different colors. Vegan friendly.
- 4 -6 oranges, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (reduced from 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 2 tablespoons honey (switched from granulated sugar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch red radish (soaked in cold water for 1 hour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: prep time includes the 1 hour soak for the radishes.
- Section or slice the oranges into a salad bowl. Set aside.
- In a non-reactive bowl stir together the lemon juice, orange blossom water, honey and salt.
- Drain the radishes. Grate the radishes coarsely. Stir the lemon dressing into the grated radishes.
- Spoon the radish mixture over the oranges and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Serve immediately. The salad is best as soon as it is prepared. Do not prepare the salad in advance.