Recipe by Diamond Joe
Quick, simple and delicious! Better to do this in 2 large pans and then combine. You be the judge. The skinny frying peppers are optional. You could always adjust to taste, but because they are so skinny, 2 is a good#. It's about the equal of 1/2 a regular size bell. Enjoy!
Top Review by mersaydees
Made as directed except couldn't find/afford an Italian pepper, so used an orange pepper as suggested. We're low-carbers, so served on toasted low-carb bread. Thanks, Diamond Joe! Made for PAC Fall '08.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage (8 links)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 frying italian peppers, cut in strips (the skinny light green peppers) or 1 oranges or 1 yellow pepper
- 2 medium onions, cut in strips
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt and pepper (about 1 tsp each)
- 1 teaspoon basil and oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, put in peppers and onions and coat them with olive oil. Make sure they are LIGHTLY coated. Start to cook the veggies on med-high heat until they soften a bit, season with salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Add the wine and continue to cook the veggies on medium heat.
- Cook the veggies until they cook down and become tender, 10 minutes or so.
- In a separate skillet, pan fry your sausage. When they are cooked through, add your peppers and onions and mix.
- Serve on hoagie rolls or Italian bread.If you are going to serve these on sandwiches, cut the sausage into bite sized pieces before pan frying them.