Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, simple and delicious! Better to do this in 2 large pans and then combine. You be the judge. The skinny frying peppers are optional. You could always adjust to taste, but because they are so skinny, 2 is a good#. It's about the equal of 1/2 a regular size bell. Enjoy!
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage (8 links)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 frying italian peppers, cut in strips (the skinny light green peppers) or 1 oranges or 1 yellow pepper
- 2 medium onions, cut in strips
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt and pepper (about 1 tsp each)
- 1 teaspoon basil and oregano
- In a large skillet, put in peppers and onions and coat them with olive oil. Make sure they are LIGHTLY coated. Start to cook the veggies on med-high heat until they soften a bit, season with salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Add the wine and continue to cook the veggies on medium heat.
- Cook the veggies until they cook down and become tender, 10 minutes or so.
- In a separate skillet, pan fry your sausage. When they are cooked through, add your peppers and onions and mix.
- Serve on hoagie rolls or Italian bread.If you are going to serve these on sandwiches, cut the sausage into bite sized pieces before pan frying them.
Made as directed except couldn't find/afford an Italian pepper, so used an orange pepper as suggested. We're low-carbers, so served on toasted low-carb bread. Thanks, Diamond Joe! Made for PAC Fall '08.