1/1 Photo of Sal and Judi's Sausage and Peppers
Diamond Joe's Note:
Quick, simple and delicious! Better to do this in 2 large pans and then combine. You be the judge. The skinny frying peppers are optional. You could always adjust to taste, but because they are so skinny, 2 is a good#. It's about the equal of 1/2 a regular size bell. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage (8 links)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 frying italian peppers, cut in strips (the skinny light green peppers) or 1 oranges or 1 yellow pepper
- 2 medium onions, cut in strips
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt and pepper (about 1 tsp each)
- 1 teaspoon basil and oregano
- 1In a large skillet, put in peppers and onions and coat them with olive oil. Make sure they are LIGHTLY coated. Start to cook the veggies on med-high heat until they soften a bit, season with salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- 2Add the wine and continue to cook the veggies on medium heat.
- 3Cook the veggies until they cook down and become tender, 10 minutes or so.
- 4In a separate skillet, pan fry your sausage. When they are cooked through, add your peppers and onions and mix.
- 5Serve on hoagie rolls or Italian bread.If you are going to serve these on sandwiches, cut the sausage into bite sized pieces before pan frying them.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sal and Judi's Sausage and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.4
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 651.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: