Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Smooth Japanese creamy sauce for seafood or chicken.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- cooking wine
- In a medium bowl, add the 3 egg yolks, whole egg, and a little vegetable oil.
- Note: Be careful to add the oil very slowly. If too much is added at once, the mixture will separate and be wasted. You can tell the mixture has separated when it does not look smooth and creamy like mayonnaise.
- Using a hand-held blender, begin mixing until of mayonnaise consistency, slowly adding the rest of the oil.
- Add white pepper, salt, soy sauce, and remaining oil.
- Mix until well blended.
- Use with seafood or chicken, covering with sakura sauce when almost completely cooked.
- Sprinkle wine around food, simmering for 3 to 4 minutes, and serve.
- *The wine creates steam so sauce will cook on top.
I would definitely make this in a food processor, not by hand. It should thicken then.
I want to apologize for posting this recipe without actually trying it first. So, please be warned that a few people have tried this, and it isn't turning out right. If anyone knows a better or correct way to make it, please let me know. This was requested by me in the discussion group, and someone else passed it along to me. But, people are having problems with it being too thin. Would love suggestions, or correct way to make it! Sorry again, and thanks!
I used 6 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs and beat by themselves for 10 minutes. They thickened on their own. Then I added 2/3 cup of vegetable oil at a time slowly until it was the right consistency 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and left the salt and pepper the same.... Turned out perfect :)