Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Who knew watching my calories could be so delicious? Not to mention quick and easy! This is a nice company dish that can also be made after a long day at the office
- 3⁄4 cup sake
- 3⁄4 cup clam juice
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 4 (6 ounce) sea bass fillets
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, to taste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup jasmine rice (this looks really nice served over black rice) or 1 cup basmati rice, cooked the usual way (this looks really nice served over black rice)
- Heat the first 4 ingredients to boil, then lower to simmer in a pot big enough to hold the steamer.
- Add the fish on a steamer rack, top with salt, pepper, scallions, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes until opaque; remove rack add cilantro to cooking liquid.
- Serve rice on 4 plates, top with fish, top with cooking juices, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This was delicious, I left out the clam juice as I didn't have any and used Japanese Sake and Soy sauce. It was great and we will be having it again!
Wow! My husband and I eat fish at least 3-4 times per week so I'm always looking for a new recipe. This was one of the best recipes I've ever tasted. Not too many ingredients, very easy to make, and fast. It's a light dish, but the flavor was incredible. I also served it with black rice and sprinkled it with black sesame seeds at the end. Thank you!!