Top Review by haskinsfam
I cooked this in my bamboo steamer and it was delicous! Our halibut was thick so I steamed about 2 min longer, and it was perfect. We served this on rice noodles, but would be great on jasmine rice as well. We will be having this again!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 (12 ounce) halibut fillets (each about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sake
- 3 slices onions, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled,halved
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray steamer rack with nonstick spray.
- Salt and pepper both sides of halibut, and then add to top of fillets 2 teaspoons dill; place fish on steamer rack.
- Combine sake and onion in large pot; bring to boil.
- Continue to boil 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and garlic to pot; return to boil.
- Place steamer rack with fish over liquid in pot.
- Cover pot tightly and steam fish until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer fish to platter.
- Cut each fillet crosswise in half; cover with foil.
- Discard onion.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer carrots and garlic to small bowl; mix in butter and remaining 2 teaspoons dill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon carrots alongside fish on platter.
- Boil liquid in pot until reduced to 6 tablespoons, about 3 minutes.
- Pour over fish and carrots.