- 2⁄3 cup sake or 2⁄3 cup rice wine or 2⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese white rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb button mushroom
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sake, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and salt in a small saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.
- Combine the cooled marinade with the whole mushrooms and let them marinade overnight.
- When ready to serve the mushrooms, drain them and discard the marinade.
- Garnish with the scallions.