Recipe by SaffronMeSilly
I found this recipe on myrecipes.com. It looked good, but I haven't tried it yet. I wanted to post it so I would remember that I wanted to try it.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sake (rice wine)
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken breast half lengthwise into 4 strips.
- Combine sugar and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a small bowl; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Combine half of sake mixture and all of chicken in a large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Reserve remaining sake mixture.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Thread 1 chicken strip onto each of 16 (8-inch) skewers.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve with remaining sake mixture.