Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the veg. soc. 2006 "saints" christmas menu.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 600 g miniature new potatoes, scrubbed
- 300 ml light vegetable stock
- 12 small garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan.
- Add the paprika and rosemary and then the potatoes.
- Take to a high heat and stir the potatoes for 2 or 3 minutes to make sure they are coated with the spices.
- Add the stock and the whole garlic and bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take off the cover and boil rapidly until the liquid has evaporated, stirring the potatoes occasionally to ensure they don’t stick.
- Once cooked they will have an almost “roasted” appearance, similar to patatas bravas – minus the fat !
I loved this recipe. I made a gravy with the brown bits on the bottom of the pan and some more stock with a touch of butter. My picky husband was asking for more!!
Yum! These exceeded my expectations! My potatoes ended up being a bit too soft, but they were so flavorful that nobody cared! I'll definitely be making these again! Thanks!