Fudgy, smooth chocolate and a kiss of sea salt is what this surprisingly healthy, gluten free candy is all about! I won't judge if you eat the mixture out of the food processor instead of pressing and chilling it... I did! I'm offering two variations, one is a vegan, nut free alternative made with SunButter, the other uses the incredible decadence of Nutella. Adapted from Diet, Dessert and Dogs and The Gluten Free Edge.
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons refined soft coconut oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups cooked black beans, drained and rinsed well (I cooked my own)
- 3 tablespoons clear agave nectar or 3 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 3 (1 g) packetsvanilla flavoured stevia
- 2 (1 g) packetsvanilla flavoured stevia (extra, for sunbutter version)
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seed butter (SunButter ) or 1⁄4 cup nutella (for a non-vegan variation)
- fine sea salt, to sprinkle
- Combine the chocolates and coconut oil in a small bowl and melt gently in the microwave. Set aside.
- In a food processor, puree the beans with the agave nectar and stevia until very smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture and cocoa and puree inches.
- Add the SunButter or Nutella and process in until completely smooth.
- Line an 8x5" loaf pan with clingwrap and press the fudge in evenly. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Chill 1 hour, uncovered, then press a layer of plastic ontop of the fudge surface and keep in the fridge.
- This tastes better if you chill it overnight and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying.