1/2 Photos of Saintly Smooth Fudge
Fudgy, smooth chocolate and a kiss of sea salt is what this surprisingly healthy, gluten free candy is all about! I won't judge if you eat the mixture out of the food processor instead of pressing and chilling it... I did! I'm offering two variations, one is a vegan, nut free alternative made with SunButter, the other uses the incredible decadence of Nutella. Adapted from Diet, Dessert and Dogs and The Gluten Free Edge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons refined soft coconut oil
- 1 3/4 cups cooked black beans, drained and rinsed well (I cooked my own)
- 3 tablespoons clear agave nectar or 3 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 3 (1 g) packets vanilla flavoured stevia
- 2 (1 g) packets vanilla flavoured stevia (extra, for sunbutter version)
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (SunButter ) or 1/4 cup nutella (for a non-vegan variation)
- fine sea salt, to sprinkle
- 1Combine the chocolates and coconut oil in a small bowl and melt gently in the microwave. Set aside.
- 2In a food processor, puree the beans with the agave nectar and stevia until very smooth.
- 3Add the chocolate mixture and cocoa and puree inches.
- 4Add the SunButter or Nutella and process in until completely smooth.
- 5Line an 8x5" loaf pan with clingwrap and press the fudge in evenly. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- 6Chill 1 hour, uncovered, then press a layer of plastic ontop of the fudge surface and keep in the fridge.
- 7This tastes better if you chill it overnight and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saintly Smooth Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sunflower seed butter