Prep 6 mins
Cook 16 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, found in CSPN Nutrition Action Newsletter June 2011. For a vegetarian version, use grilled vegetables instead of chicken: mushrooms, peppers, eggplant, onion, and zucchini).
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml honey or 14.79 ml agave syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml fresh basil leaf
- 946.36 ml baby arugula, roughly chopped
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil, roughly chopped
- Make the marinade by whisking together the vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, pepper, and oil in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Put the chicken breasts in a heavy plastic bag and pound to an even 1/2" thickness. Grill the chicken on a well-seasoned, medium-hot grill until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then slice across the grain. Toss the chicken slices with the cooked marinade.
- Roughly chop the basil and arugula and toss with the sun-dried tomatoes. Arrange the chicken slices on a platter and top with the basil-arugula mix.
Totally delicious! The balsamic reduction is wonderful....I'll make it often. The arugula and sun-dried tomatoes were the icing on the cake. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing.....made for Photo Tag game.
With just the 2 of us, I cut this recipe in half but otherwise followed it right on down, & was had a wonderfully flavorful meal! As much chicken breasts as we eat, I always enjoy finding new, interesting & lip-smacking ways of preparing 'em! Thanks for sharing yours! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]