Recipe by canarygirl
Another gem from my mother in law!
Top Review by GinnyP
This is to die for!!! My husband made it for us and used 2 packages of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (10 oz each). No leftovers between 2 adults and 2 teens. Dh didn't dust with breadcrumbs because we're doing the low carb thing at the moment. If you like these ingredients, I guarantee you will love this dish! Thanks cg! Thanks to your MIL, too! :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb cooked and cleaned shrimp
- 1 lb cooked chopped spinach, sqeezed dry
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a loaf pan with butter, and dust with bread crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beaten eggs with spinach, cream and salt and pepper.
- Pour a third of the mixture into the loaf pan, and arrange a layer of cauliflour.
- Pour another third of the mixture over that, and layer shrimp.
- Top with remaining spinach mixture.
- Cover loaf pan with foil.
- Place loaf pan in another deep oven proof dish and add water to large dish--enough that it comes up to the top 1/3 of the loaf pan.
- Bake in a 375º oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or until egg is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Turn pudding out onto a serving plate, and slice.
- This may be served hot or cold.