she who can not cook's Note:
With this, you can be as good or as naughty as you want to be. As with my recipes, its a mix and matcher.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 -4 slices bacon, streaky (chopped)
- 6 -10 small mushrooms, chopped in half
- 250 ml long-grain rice or 250 ml risotto rice
- 2 -3 tablespoons frozen peas
- 250 ml boiling water
- 500 ml hot stock (chicken or turkey)
- 75 -150 g of any leftover cheese (I used a mix of mild and strong cheddar)
- 1Melt butter in a large pan.
- 2When hot add onion, then bacon, then mushrooms. Fry for 5 minutes or until onions are turning clear.
- 3Now add rice, simmering for 5 minutes, again until translucent, stirring most of the time. Add peas.
- 4While doing this, get a jug and defrost and heat the stock in a microwave (with my stock I have small bits of meat and that's ok).
- 5Now start to add the stock to the pan a little (3 or 4 tablespoons at a time) don't forget to keep microwaving the stock for it to remain HOT.
- 6When you run out of stock, then use boiled water. Now turn heat as low as you can go. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until the liquid has all gone.
- 7NOW FOR THE SINNERS BIT--when cooked, add cheese as much or as little as you like (I don't grate it--just chop it in bits) stir in the pan and turn off heat. Leave with lid on a minute or two, just so the cheese goes all gooey.
- 9Can be frozen.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saint or Sinners Mushroom and Bacon Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.2
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 435.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: