Traditional Lebanese Cookies for Saint Barbara's Day
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In mixer bowl, beat cooking oil into butter until blended, beat in sugar.
- 2Add orange juice, baking powder and baking soda, mix well.
- 3Add flour, a little at a time, to make a soft dough.
- 4Shape dough into 2-inch ovals and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- 6Cool pastries on rack.
- 7Meanwhile Prepare Natif topping: In a saucepan, combine the 3/4 cup sugar, honey and 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil.
- 8Boil gently, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 9Dip cooled pastries into the warm syrup.
- 10Sprinkle immediately with nuts.
- 11Dry on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saint Barbara cookies (Lebanese)
Serving Size: 1 (828 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1270.2
- Calories from Fat 577
- Total Fat 64.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 552.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 169.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 104.0 g
- Protein 11.0 g