We think that our version of Saimin Noodle Soup comes REALLY close to the tasty soup we sampled (many times) at Hamura's Saimin Stand on the Hawaiian Island of Kauai. This recipe includes the making of your own homemade Dashi stock. Kombu and Bonito flakes can be found at asian grocery stores and most health food stores. Hope you like it as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill 4 qt saucepan with 4 cups water and add Kombu piece. Let soak for 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in butter and a splash of soy sauce.
- 3Bring Kombu and water to a boil. Turn off heat and add handful of Bonito flakes. Let steep for 5 minutes, then strain. Return broth to pot, add sauteed mushrooms and keep warm on medium low.
- 4Bring 2nd pot of water to a boil to cook your noodles. Add noodles and follow cooking directions until al dente. Rinse noodles with hot water and add back into pot with broth (turn off heat under broth).
- 5Salt to taste. Add more soy sauce to taste.
- 6To serve: sprinkle sliced green onions over noodles and broth in bowl.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saimin Noodle Soup W/Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 25.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: