Recipe by mollypaul
A New England comfort food from the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947. Baking time is approximate.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat whites until stiff.
- Beat yolks until light.
- Add parsley, salt and anchovy paste.
- Fold yolk mixture into stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet and pour in egg mixture.
- Cook until bottom is brown, then place in preheated oven and brown the top.
- Garnish with paprika and serve at once.