Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Pulled from www.therecipeworks.com http://www.therecipeworks.com/archives/s/sailor-jacks/
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 2 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 3⁄4-1 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 2⁄3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mix together in a large saucepan, sugar, cinnamon, salt nutmeg,.
- allspice and cloves. Add 2 cups of the water and raisins. Bring.
- mixture to a slow boil over low heat. Remove from heat and let stand.
- overnight. (In the morning, it will look like thick slime.).
- The second day, mix together flours, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add oil, remaining 1/2 cup water and honey. Combine this mixture and.
- mix well.
- Grease muffin tins with shortening and dust with flour. Fill cups no.
- more than 3/4 full with batter. Bake in 375 degree F oven until.
- muffins test done, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from pans while still hot; place on cooling rack. Dip tops in.
- powdered sugar and a thin glaze. Cool.
- Makes 2 1/2 dozen muffins.