Recipe by Stilljoyful
A smooth and spicy chicken dish that combines the freshness of tomatoes and the coolness of sour cream, with the 'bite' of green chile peppers. The rice added makes this a one dish meal.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain!)
- 1 medium fresh green chili pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 cup long grain rice (not minute rice)
- 1 tablespoon tbsps butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill or sauté chicken breasts until done and no longer pink inside. Cover loosely with foil and set aside.
- Simmer tomatoes and chile pepper in a large saucepan on low until tomato juice starts to thicken slightly peppers are soft; about 10 minutes.
- While tomatoes and pepper are simmering, cook rice by melting butter in medium saucepan, stir in rice and sauté 1 minute. Add chicken broth and water, bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- When rice is done, mix together the tomatoes and sour cream, heat until warmed through. Add rice.
- Serve chicken on rice or vice versa.