Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A smooth and spicy chicken dish that combines the freshness of tomatoes and the coolness of sour cream, with the 'bite' of green chile peppers. The rice added makes this a one dish meal.
- Grill or sauté chicken breasts until done and no longer pink inside. Cover loosely with foil and set aside.
- Simmer tomatoes and chile pepper in a large saucepan on low until tomato juice starts to thicken slightly peppers are soft; about 10 minutes.
- While tomatoes and pepper are simmering, cook rice by melting butter in medium saucepan, stir in rice and sauté 1 minute. Add chicken broth and water, bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- When rice is done, mix together the tomatoes and sour cream, heat until warmed through. Add rice.
- Serve chicken on rice or vice versa.
I really liked this, however my dh said he didn't care too much for it, but his reasons were ridiculous, so I -I -I- give it 5 stars!!!
This was awesome and really loved by all, I made it a little milder then posted( whimpy family) then added hot at the table. there were left overs but not for long :-) I will be making this again in the vernacular of my family its a keeper !!!!