Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe in The Witchita Eagle of all places. The name comes from its originating restaurant - Saigon, a very popular place in Witchita... Kansas!! It sounds delish & good for hot weather. Plan to cook outside using a wok on a hot grill so as not to heat up the house. Marinate chicken a few hours. use any piece of chicken you have _ I freeze fryers I cut up in parts so it'll depend on what is in the freezer when I get to making this one.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into pieces about 1-inch by 1/2-inch by 1/4- inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 lb rice vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 carrot, Shredded (optional)
- Mix hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Place chicken in marinade while preparing vegetables and sauce.
- Make sauce by mixing lime juice, fish sauce, water, vinegar, sugar, jalapeno and carrot, if using.
- When ready to cook, prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok. Pour chicken and marinade into the skillet and stir-fry until done.
- Among four bowls, divide lettuce, bean sprouts, cilantro, noodles, onion and chicken. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and sauce and serve.