Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe I found in FEMINA by Roma Ghosh. It's a Sindhi recipe and it's good. If you like spinach, you sure will like this preparation too.
- 400 g spinach
- 1 medium potato
- 1 onion
- 50 g white pumpkin or 50 g red pumpkins
- 50 g brinjal or 50 g eggplants
- 50 g chickpeas, soaked for 2 hrs (chanadal)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 inch ginger
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- Chop all the veggies into medium sized pieces.
- Put all the chopped vegetables together with all the spices and oil and half a cup water in a pressure cooker and cook for 10 minutes or until all the veggies are cooked and soft.
- Remove from fire and allow to cool a little.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, mash all the vegetables and the dal and the spinach until they become a fine paste (no blender).
- Put it back on heat and add the tamarind juice.
- Mix well and serve hot with "bhuga chawar".