This recipe I found in FEMINA by Roma Ghosh. It's a Sindhi recipe and it's good. If you like spinach, you sure will like this preparation too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g spinach
- 1 medium potato
- 1 onion
- 50 g white pumpkin or 50 g red pumpkins
- 50 g brinjal or 50 g eggplants
- 50 g chickpeas, soaked for 2 hrs (chanadal)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 1Chop all the veggies into medium sized pieces.
- 2Put all the chopped vegetables together with all the spices and oil and half a cup water in a pressure cooker and cook for 10 minutes or until all the veggies are cooked and soft.
- 3Remove from fire and allow to cool a little.
- 4Using the back of a wooden spoon, mash all the vegetables and the dal and the spinach until they become a fine paste (no blender).
- 5Put it back on heat and add the tamarind juice.
- 6Mix well and serve hot with "bhuga chawar".
Nutritional Facts for Sai Bhaji
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 126.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: