- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 cinnamon stick (for garnish)
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cornstarch with a few tablespoons of milk.
- Bring the remaining milk to a boil.
- Pour in the starch mixture, stirring vigorously, so that lumps do not form. Cook over very low heat, stirring continuously, until the milk thickens ( about 10 minutes).
- Then stir in the sugar and the rose water or orange blossom water, if you so desire.
- Serve in cups with the chopped pistachios and cinnamon as garnish. You may also sprinkle grated coconut on top.