Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty drink to warm up your winter evenings! You know hot chocolate, right? Well, think of this as hot vanilla.
- 29.58-44.37 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml water
- 473.18 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- sugar (to taste)
- 0.25 ml cinnamon (to taste)
- 0.25 ml shredded coconut (to taste)
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small cup and stir to blend thoroughly. Put milk in a heavy soup pan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Before milk warms, stir in cornstarch mixture. Add vanilla and sugar, tasting to achieve preferred sweetness.
- Raise heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Pour into dessert bowls or demitasse cups. Top with cinnamon and coconut .
Yum! Nice & creamy. I made it with 2TB cornstarch. I think 3 might make it pudding-like, which wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm not sure I'm so hepped up on the coconut flakes in it & might use coconut milk instead next time for the flavor. Made for NA/ME & Veggie forum's Sun & Spice Event 2/13.
This drink was a nice yummy treat on a cold February afternoon. I omitted the coconut as I as a rule don't like lumps in my beverages. However, next time I make it, I'll add some coconut milk. Made for FEBRUARY'S SUN and SPICE EVENT!
Rich, tasty, and soothing drink! This seemed to me like a drinkable pudding, nice and creamy with great vanilla flavor. I made half of the recipe and it was plenty for 2 servings. I loved the cinnamon on top but would probably not bother with the coconut next time. Thanks for sharing your recipe!