Recipe by LibraChick93093
A tasty drink to warm up your winter evenings! You know hot chocolate, right? Well, think of this as hot vanilla.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Yum! Nice & creamy. I made it with 2TB cornstarch. I think 3 might make it pudding-like, which wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm not sure I'm so hepped up on the coconut flakes in it & might use coconut milk instead next time for the flavor. Made for NA/ME & Veggie forum's Sun & Spice Event 2/13.
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sugar (to taste)
- 1 pinch cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 pinch shredded coconut (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small cup and stir to blend thoroughly. Put milk in a heavy soup pan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Before milk warms, stir in cornstarch mixture. Add vanilla and sugar, tasting to achieve preferred sweetness.
- Raise heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Pour into dessert bowls or demitasse cups. Top with cinnamon and coconut .