Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is really good bread. It makes good sandwichs and lovely toast.
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select cycle; press Start. Makes a 1 1/2 lb loaf.
This is great bread. I doubled the recipe, used the dough cycle, split the dough into two loaf pans, baked at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. I was rewarded with two beautiful loaves of bread. This bread also freezes well. Thanks.
I got my first bread machine about 1 year ago and this was the very first recipe I used for my trial run. I was amazed at how scrumptious it turned out! The ingredient amounts are right on, so there was nothing extra to add.
This turned out very well for me! It was easy to cut thin slices, and it sliced without 'caving in'. The crust was crisp, and the bread was was soft, but not too crumbly. I served this with homemade soup, and everyone agreed, it was delicious! Thanks!