1/1 Photo of Sago Pudding from Yum Cha
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
This is our all time favourite dessert. Time does not include soaking time of approximately 2-3 hours. When you get these at Yum Cha / Dim Sum restaurant they bake these in individual glass bowls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak sago well in water for a few hours. Pour sago into a pan of boiling water and simmer until transparent.
- 2Wash under running tap. Drain and set aside.
- 3Put 1 litre water and sugar in a saucepan. Slowly bring to boil and add butter, milk and sago, stirring until well blended.
- 4Mix coconut milk with cornflour and custard powder. Gradually stir into boiling sugar mixture. Continue stirring until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 5Add well-beaten eggs and stir until smooth. Pour into heatproof container and place on middle shelf of preheated oven 230°C.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sago Pudding from Yum Cha
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.6
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.5 mg
- Sodium 151.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 70.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: