Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Sage Turkey Meat Loaves With Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 cup shredded peeled apples or 1 medium apple
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 425°F Spray broiler pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix turkey, apple, bread crumbs, sage, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Shape mixture into 6 oval-shaped loaves. Place on pan.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaves reads 165°F.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat cider and broth to boiling; boil about 20 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add onion. Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown; set aside. In small bowl, stir cornstarch, water and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt with wisk; add to reduced cider mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Stir in onion. Serve meat loaves with gravy.