Recipe by Outta Here
A variation on basil based pesto. Serving size is 2 tablespoons. From Cooking Light.
Top Review by duonyte
A very nice twist on the traditional pesto. I used parsley and sage from my own garden. It was very nice stirred into pasta to accompany some plain grilled chicken, and I am looking forward to using it later this week.
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 2 cups Italian parsley
- 3⁄4 cup fresh sage leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Drop pine nuts and garlic through food chute with food processor on, and process until minced.
- Add next 6 ingredients; process until finely minced.
- With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute, and process until well blended.
- Spoon into zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag; store in refrigerator.
- For longer storage, put one or two servings each in smaller zip-bags (sandwich size) and place smaller bags in a heavy freezer size bag. Freeze. Take out number of servings needed and thaw.