1/1 Photo of Sage & Sesame Rice
i needed a rice recipe to go with some kabobs that i was making and i decided to alter my spanish rice recipe to have a more asian feel....this is what i threw together & i have to say, it came out really good!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, sliced into pats
- 1add water, all of the seasonings except the butter & half of the seasame seeds to a microwave safe measuring cup & heat in the microwave for 2 minutes to dissolve the bullion, set aside.
- 2brown rice in hot oil in a large skillet for approximately 5 minutes.
- 3add chopped onion, minced garlic & saute til onions are soft.
- 4add seasoned water to the browned rice, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5do not check on the rice before the 15 minutes is up, this will allow steam to escape and may make your rice turn out undercooked.
- 6after 15 minutes uncover, turn rice over, place butter pats on top recover & let steam for 3-5 more minutes.
- 7fluff with a fork to distribute the butter, sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds & serve.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage & Sesame Rice
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 118.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g