Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Got this out of the local paper, Titled How to have a Low Carb Party !!!!
- 40 mushrooms, stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 10 ounces bulk sage sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Place mushrooms in shallow baking dish.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Brown sausage, onions and garlic in skillet.
- Mix in pepper, parsley and cream cheese.
- Heat to blend all ingredients and melt cheese.
- Stuff mushrooms with filling.
These mushrooms were great! Very easy. The only thing different that I did was put them in the oven for about 15 mins at 400 deg after I stuffed them. I think they wouldn't have been as good had I not.