Recipe by KelBel
This is a Rachael Ray recipe. Delicious.
Top Review by kitchenwizard
If I could give these little morsels of incredible gastronomical delight 10 stars I would. I experienced this mouth explosion at a housewarming party and the host was handing out copies of this recipe to whomever asked...Incredible you will not be disappointed!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs bulk italian sweet sausage meat
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium pot, add oil and onion; Saute the onion for 1 minute.
- Next, add balsamic vinegar to onion and reduce by half, 1 minute. Remove vinegar from heat and combine with apricot preserves and spicy mustard. Stir until mustard is fully incorporated. Dip will be glossy and brown in color.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sweet sausage and chopped sage. Add 2 tablespoonfuls of apricot dip and mix. Form meat into bite size nuggets, coat in bread crumbs then place on nonstick cookie sheet. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, until evenly browned, turning occasionally. Drain, then serve with party picks for dipping with remaining balsamic apricot mustard dip.