1/1 Photo of Sage Rubbed Roasted Turkey
3 hrs 15 mins
I tweaked this recipe for my spicy side. Came out of a magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place turkey on rack in roasting pan. Brush with oil.
- 2Mix seasonings.
- 3Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of seasoning inside turkey. Spread remaining seasoning over entire surface and under skin of turkey. Add 1/2 cup water to pan.
- 4Cover loosely with foil.
- 5Roast in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove foil.
- 6Roast 2-2 1/2 hours longer or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees. Baste occasionally with pan juices. Remove turkey from over and let stand 20 minutes before slicing. Reserve pan juices for gravy.
- 7works well for chickens too.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage Rubbed Roasted Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (910 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1395.8
- Calories from Fat 639
- Total Fat 71.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 581.4 mg
- Sodium 556.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 174.9 g