Recipe by **Pebbles**
From Cooking Light. You can sub basil for sage. Has little melty pockets of warm cheese! Perfect light no meat meal.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup finely chopped leek
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄4 cups arborio rice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mozzarella cheese (about four ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to simmer over low heat, do not boil.
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat, add leeks and garlic, cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add rice and salt, cook for 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add wine, cook 2 minutes or until almost completely absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add broth 1/2 cup at a timing stirring constantly until each 1/2 cup is absorbed about 20 minutes total.
- Stir in chopped sage and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in mozzarella.
- Ladle into four bowls, sprinkle with about 1 1/2 tablespoons proscuitto and some black pepper.