Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These potatoes sounded interesting an another way of using garden sage. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 1986)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise then crosswise to form paper-thin half circles (unpeeled)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Stir in onion and garlic and cook until translucent (2-4 minutes).
- Add potatoes and sage.
- Cover pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn potatoes over and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until bottom of potatoes is golden brown.
Yummy! I love potatoes cooked with garlic and onion, so this had to be good! Nice flavor with the sage, thank you Ellie!