Recipe by peleegal
My mother-in-law came up with this recipie when I wanted a sage pesto. It has a stronger flavour that Basil based pesto. Goes well with pork, and pasta with portabello mushrooms.
- 1⁄2 cup packed sage leaf
- 1⁄2 cup packed flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup walnut pieces
- 3 cloves crushed garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or to desired consistency)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and throughly dry sage leaves and parsley in your salad spinner.
- Put in food processor with parmesean, walnuts, garlic, and salt.
- Process until a gritty but even consistency.
- Gradually add olive oil until pesto has reached desired consistency.
- Divide into 3 equal portions.
- Each portion will coat enough pasta for 4.