My mother-in-law came up with this recipie when I wanted a sage pesto. It has a stronger flavour that Basil based pesto. Goes well with pork, and pasta with portabello mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and throughly dry sage leaves and parsley in your salad spinner.
- 2Put in food processor with parmesean, walnuts, garlic, and salt.
- 3Process until a gritty but even consistency.
- 4Gradually add olive oil until pesto has reached desired consistency.
- 5Divide into 3 equal portions.
- 6Each portion will coat enough pasta for 4.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.2
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 129.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: