Recipe by Irmgard
A delicious accompaniment to barbequed steak.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
I give this recipe 5 stars for flavor, but the proportions need to be altered. I think it hasn't been rated up to now for that reason. I used 2 generous cups of sliced mushrooms and bumped down the other ingredients by half. It served 3 as a side (or 4 including a picky teen-ager). It has a lovely, smoky, sagey taste, and as advertised, goes beautifully with a simple steak.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat; cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic; cook for about 12 minutes or until no liquid remains.
- Add the wine, salt and pepper; cook for 4 minutes or until the wine has almost evaporated.
- Stir in the sage.