Prep 35 mins
Cook 50 mins
Found this recipe in Taste of Home by Harriet Stichter. 2 WW points caluculated using the nutritional analysis provided in the cookbook. One serving is 2/3 cup mashed potatoes.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Spray a 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish with PAM.
- Layer the potatoes and onion.
- Combine the water, oil, sage, salt and pepper.
- Pour over potatoe mixture.
- Cover and bake at 450 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring twice.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add yogurt and mash.
I have sage coming out of my ying yang and I love it. I used far more than 1 Tbs and I used sour cream instead of yogurt. Also added some garlic and, in my opinion, the results were great. Made extra for the next day as well. Thanks Trixyinaz
Added in ff sour cream in place of the yogurt, and used half a small onion. Very good!
Due to limited time, I boiled the potatoes along with the onions and sage I(drained) than mashed with sour cream(not yogurt)