A garlicky and herbaceous pesto. Serve as a topping for grilled chicken or turkey, or on a cracker with some cream-cheese. Makes a nice gift for the holidays in a jar tied with a raffia ribbon. Slightly adapted from Bobby Flay.
My Private Note
cup of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Combine the sage, parsley, garlic, coriander seeds, lemon juice, lemon zest, and pine nuts in a food processor or blender and process until coarsely chopped.
- 2With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil and process until emulsified.
- 3Add the cheese, salt, and pepper and process 3 to 4 seconds longer.
- 4Note: The pesto can be made up to 2 days in advance, covered, and refrigerated (or may be frozen). Serve as a topping for grilled chicken or turkey, or on a cracker with some cream-cheese. Makes a nice gift for the holidays in a jar tied with a pretty ribbon.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage-Lemon Pesto - Bobby Flay
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.6
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 205.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves