Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another one from "Pasta" that I want to try but haven't gotten around to it. Posted for ZWT III.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb pumpkin or 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 10 ounces dried fusilli, cooked according to package directions
- Put the olive oil in a roasting pan and put the pan in a 400 degree oven for five minutes to heat the oil.
- Add the cumin seeds to the roasting pan, and then add the pumpkin or squash and roast in the oven for about a half hour to roast.
- In a food processor, add the butter, mozzarella, garlic, sage, and lemon juice and zest, blend into a paste.
- Put the butter mix onto a sheet of wax paper and chill for 20 minutes, or until it is firm enough to slice.
- Add the roasted squash or pumpkin to the cooked pasta in a large pan (both should still be hot) and then slice or dice up the butter and add it to the pasta and squash or pumpkin.
- Toss to melt and combine.