Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
These where amazing!! I had them with my Pork Loin roast at Thanksgiving and everyone loved them.. They are great addition to any fancy dinner. Just have lots and lots of gravy!!
- 8 cups cubed French bread (I used a loaf that was already seasoned for stuffing)
- 2 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole or 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- stale bread on a baking sheet in a 250 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove Bread and increase temperature to 400 degrees.
- Butter 8 6oz ramekins (or a muffin tin).
- Whisk broth, eggs and milk in a bowl; add to bread and toss gently. Let mixture stand atleast 5 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Saute onion and celery in 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley,sage and seasonings; cook for 1 more minute.
- Combine this with the bread mixture and divide dressing among the ramekins, mounding it gently on top.
- Bake until browned and set, 45 minutes.