1/1 Photo of Sage Dinner Rolls
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this recipe in a magazine (can't remember which one) and when I tried it I sure wasn't disappointed. They are light wheat rolls with flecks of minced fresh sage and the directions say you can bake the rolls up to a month ahead and freeze; though that didn't happen at my house as they were gone in one setting. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does. Prep time does not including rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast and honey in warm water in large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- 3Combine 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, wheat flour, sage, salt, and pepper.
- 4Add flour mixture and oil to yeast mixture; stir until a soft dough forms.
- 5Turn dough out onto a floured surface.
- 6Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes).
- 7Add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- 8Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top.
- 9Cover and let rise in warm place (85) free from drafts, about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 10Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- 11Divide dough into 12 equal portions, shaping each into a a ball.
- 12Place balls 2 inches apart on a large baking sheet covered with parchment. Cut a deep (1/4 inch) X in the top of each roll using kitchen shears or a sharp knife.
- 13Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until double in size.
- 14Preheat oven to 350.
- 15Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until puffed and beginning to brown.
- 16Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 292.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g