1/2 Photos of Sage Derby Potato Cakes With Sour Cream Dip
This was from a Publix recipe book originally, but I made some changes. I made these for St. Patrick's day and they were a hit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Red Bliss potatoes or 1 lb butter potato, peeled and halved
- 7 ounces sage derby cheese, shredded (1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 onion, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil (not extra-virgin) or 1/2 cup olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (optional -- season with salt & pepper)
- 1In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with salted water and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10-12 minutes, just until tender. Cool, then shred potatoes into a large mixing bowl using the large holes of a box grater. Add cheese and toss to blend. Season mixture with salt and pepper and mix in egg.
- 2Using a measuring tablespoon, scoop even spoonfuls of potato cheese mixture. Form each scoop into a 1/2" thick round patty and dredge lightly on both sides in flour.
- 3Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a a large frying pan. In batches of 6-8 pieces, place cakes in hot oil and cook 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- 4Whisk sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and serve with warm potato cakes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage Derby Potato Cakes With Sour Cream Dip
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 464.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sage derby cheese