Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from the Disney Institute. These crackers are best when served within 8 hours of baking, but they can be stored overnight in an airtight container. Place in low oven to re-crisp, if necessary.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- coarse salt
- additional flour, for rolling
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Put the 4 cups of flour, baking powder, salt and sage in a large bowl; stir to mix well.
- Add milk and 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Knead lightly about 10 times.
- Divide dough evenly into 16 pieces.
- Flatten pieces, one at a time, on clean counter or pastry cloth lightly dusted with flour.
- Roll out as thinly as possible, allowing ragged edges.
- Turn dough over frequently to make rolling easier.
- Place 2 crackers on each baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with some of the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool, uncovered, on a wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature.
- To serve, tear crackers into pieces and place in a napkin-lined basket.
- Serve alone or with spreads or dips.