Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cornbread with a difference!
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage (chopped) or 1 teaspoon dried sage (chopped)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- Sift the first four ingredients together and then add sage.
- In another bowl beat buttermilk, honey, eggs, and the butter together.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir only enough to moisten.
- Pour batter into 9 x 9 greased pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden.
The BEST cornbread I have ever had, and many who have eaten it have said the same. I use olive oil in place of butter, fresh sage and add a can of corn--it's delicious. Thanks for the recipe. I love cornbread, but it always comes out dry or just plain uninspiring in the past.
I enjoyed this recipe. Was missing a dash of salt and a touch dry so I will up the butter by one Tbl. so I will add that next time.
I have a collection of corn bread recipes and this is the next recipe I will use. Not just for the sage but using honey instead of sugar. Thanks!