Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rachael Ray. Simple!
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling (EVOO)
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and grated
- 4 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 12 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 4 sirloin steaks, patted dry (3/4- to 1-inch-thick)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces gorgonzola
- 1 (5 ounce) package arugula
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- In a bowl, combine the EVOO, garlic, chives and sage. Season the steaks with salt and pepper, then coat with the oil mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 steaks and cook for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or 8 minutes for medium.
- Transfer to a plate. Wipe the skillet clean and repeat with the remaining steaks. Top the steaks with the cheese, tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Toss the arugula and tomatoes with the lemon juice, a drizzle of EVOO, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve alongside the steaks and pass the bread around the table.