Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
This is the best, best barbeque recipe for chicken. The ricotta keeps the chicken moist, I make these then slice them, both to show off the nice insides and because it's easier to share. Every time I make these people are super impressed and I get asked for the recipe, I hope you like them as much as we do. Try them with my Baby spinach salad. (also nice cold in sandwiches)
- 250 g fresh ricotta cheese, well drained
- 1 tablespoon shredded sage leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 40 g finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 chicken breast fillets, tenderloin removed
- 8 slices prosciutto (thin slices)
- olive oil, for brushing
- Mix together the ricotta, sage, garlic, zest and parmesan until they are well combined. Use a sharp knife to cut a large pocket into the side of each chicken breast and fill each pocket with a quarter of the ricotta mixture. Pin the pockets closed with toothpicks and wrap each breast in two slices of proscuitto, securing it with a toothpick.
- Heat a barbeque flat plate to medium direct heat, brush the chicken parcels with olive oil and season them with freshly ground black pepper. Cook them for 8 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through.