Recipe by I'mPat
Side to go with recipe # from Super Food Ideas as part of a menu for 8 and is paired with recipe #454028 as the main. Times are estimated.
Top Review by Tisme
I thought I had a potato to use, but did not, so I made this with all pumpkin.<br/>Although I cooked the pumpkin in the microwave I followed and used everything else as per the recipe, and this result was perfect.<br/>Lovely way to cook pumpkin and the crispy sage and butter mix was just wonderful on top of the pumpkin.<br/>We loved the pumpkin made like this, and tomorrow I will trying it with the potato after a supermarket trip!<br/>Thanks Pat a lovely, unusual and very different way to serve pumpkin as a side, that we really enjoyed with dinner.
- 2 kg butternut pumpkin (peeled chopped)
- 1 potato (medium desiree peeled and chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (fat-reduced)
- 40 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled minced)
- 1⁄4 cup sage (fresh leaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pumpkin and potato in a large saucepan and cover with cold water and bring to the boil over high heat and then reduce heat o medium and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and then drain and return to saucepan and then add sour cream and mash until smooth.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add butt and cook for 1 to 3 minutes or until melted and foaming and then add garlic and sage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sage is crisp and butter dark and golden and then remove from heat.
- Spoon mash into a bowl and top with butter mixture and serve.
- NOTE - you could make mash ahead to the end of step 1 and then reheat gently, adding a little milk if too thick and continue recipe from step 2.